The Talbot Group provides day services at both the ELMS and the HUB in Duleek Co Meath
The ELMS –( Encouragement; Learning; Meaning; Support) is a day service for adults (over 18 years of age) with a primary Intellectual Disability ranging from mild to profound and caters for those who have both intellectual disabilities and physical disabilities.
The Talbot Group Multi-Disciplinary Team attend the ELMS Centre as required and provide assessments and interventions.required.
The Hub Training Unit – Duleek Co Meath
The Hub is a new training and day service unit in the centre of the busy village of Duleek and was opened in October 2015. The Hub acts as a base for members who have progressed from the services of the E.L.M.S Centre.
The members use the unit as a base to attend local courses, use the public transport and to access services within the village and towns nearby. The members are assisted by full time staff and their day consists of sessions on social skills, independent travel training, personal care, domestic and household management, money independence, active citizenship, relationship building, sports and recreation.
It is our ambition that the members accessing this service will develop opportunities to gain employment and or work experience in a variety of settings.
Training and Day Service
The Talbot Group LINKS services offer a wide range of day services for adults with Intellectual Disabilities, Acquired Brain Injury and Adults with Autism.
Our centres include:
- The Courtyard
- The Hub Training Unit
- The E.L.M.S Day Service Centre
The Courtyard Services are located on the beautiful 70-acre site on St Clare’s Campus in Stamullen Co Meath.
The Courtyard services offer a wide variety of classes and groups.
These classes and groups include:
- At these classes our residents develop their daily living skills and also make some beautiful produce including scones and bread.
- Many beautiful pieces are created and fired up in the kiln and decorated to the resident’s own personal taste.
- Our residents can develop their literacy & numeracy skills as well as upskilling in areas such as IT, Money Management and Social and Personal Skills
- Our residents learn about the world of plants and help care and nurture plants in our very own poly-tunnel as well as caring for our hens, growing various crops such as our own pumpkin patch in addition to our own fruit and vegetables.
The Courtyard provides a broad range of supported training and learning experiences. Each person works with staff to devise a personalised programme that integrates life skills, social development and achievement of personal goals.